KDE GSOC: Thanks and Work Product
• 319 words
• 2 minute read
First of all: A big thanks to my mentor Jasem Mutlaq and the KStars Team.
Jasem, you were extremely helpful whilst leaving me a lot of freedom. With patience you have endured my mood swings and occasional panics :P. It has always been a pleasure working with you and I am certain that this will continue to be the case.
Furthermore, the rest of the KStars Team, especially Akarsh Simha, Wolfgang Reissenberger and Robert Lancaster who have found bugs, helped me to debug them and suggested improvements1.
I also thank Yuri Chornoivan for correcting all the typos that I’ve inadvertently introduced into the handbook and the comments in the code.
See also the previous posts with the
For a list with the MRs linked see here.
- DSO Overhaul Main MR
- this constitutes the bulk of the contributions
- the main GSOC coding period was mainly used to add more features and fix integration bugs
- Python Framework
- Minor Fixes…
- that one was hard to find… Thanks Wolfgang :)
- and again !327
- slight design improvement for the hashing of objects
- not a bug introduced by me for a change :P
- low hanging fruit :)
- I should have added a “Thumbnail Odyssey” :P
- “Bullet Proof” database initialization
- Label Density Odyssey
- Is the moon really not there if you don’t look?
- What’s Interesting Fixes
- Thanks Robert for pointing this out.
- Search Dialog
- Database Migration
- Handbook Updates
- see also the
Configsection in the handbook
- Colors :)
- Thanks Akarsh for pointing this out.
- Import old Database
Akarsh prompted the color stuff… ↩︎