This is the web presence of Valentin Boettcher a.k.a. Hiro98.
- currently studies physics in Dresden.
- codes stuff.
- is a science-fiction junky and space enthusiast.
- loves jamming with the saxophone.
- is hooked on LISP and Clojure.
- appreciates C++.
- likes his Kyria.
I’ve got a CV in German.
My usual internet/user/nick name is Hiro or Hiro98 after Hiro Protagonist from Neal Stephenson’s novel “Snow Crash”, who is usually depicted in profile pictures like the following one.
- The source of this website lives here.
- I’ve written a bachelor’s thesis about Monte Carlo Event Generators. I even built my own in python.
- A simple, easy-to-use and firewall penetrating control software for
streaming stuff from
rtmpcams to youtube.
- Along with a commilitone I’ve written some lecture notes about Quantum Information.
- The website of SimuNova.
- The software behind klausurnoug.at.
- A visualization of neutrino oscillations.
- A python library to calculate the gaussian error propagation.
- A small hack to scrape and organize physics courses at the TU-Dresden. See it in action.
- A script to convert the wunderlist export to org-mode.
- A script to create an arch linux image with bcachefs support.
- I’ve made the website and some of the continuous integration for the SHERPA project.
- A new midi brain for my KSP-30.
I am the admin and the most enthusiastic user of the TU-Dresden Physics Forum.
I am an occasional contributor to KStars. As of late I have participated in the Google Summer of Code to implement a better Deep-Sky-Object backend.
I also implemented and now maintain the KStars DSO Catalog Repository.